Does iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR have CPU throttling software (after "about a year")?

Arlen Holder

Sep 25, 2019, 10:35:58 AM9/25/19
Does iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR have CPU throttling software
(after "about a year")?

FACTS:
1. I broke the news to this newsgroup about (secret) CPU throttling.
2. I accurately predicted the iPhone X & iPhone 8 would have CPU throtting
3. I then broke the news to this ng about iPhone X & iPhone 8 CPU throtting
4. I also broke the news about Apple essentially lying to Congress about it
(ala "I didn't inhale", as in "it isn't _as_ necessary")
5. I predicted the iPhone XS Max, XR, and XS would get throttling software
(based on battery similarities after the initial teardown ritual)

As we've shown, with Apple, throttling kicks in after a short time of...
o "about a year"...

LOGIC:

It has been "about a year"...

Q: Does the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR get throttling software?
I predict it will.

--
Mark my words as almost all my predictions have come to fruition,
and, as I've been a key communicator INFORMING this group of facts.

Alan Baker

Sep 25, 2019, 1:31:41 PM9/25/19
On 2019-09-25 7:35 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> Does iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR have CPU throttling software
> (after "about a year")?
>
> FACTS:
> 1. I broke the news to this newsgroup about (secret) CPU throttling.

Since you're posting this across 4 different newsgroups, that's
extremely unlikely.

> 2. I accurately predicted the iPhone X & iPhone 8 would have CPU throtting

Bully for you!

> 3. I then broke the news to this ng about iPhone X & iPhone 8 CPU throtting

Did you? Who cares?

> 4. I also broke the news about Apple essentially lying to Congress about it
> (ala "I didn't inhale", as in "it isn't _as_ necessary")

Not a fact.

> 5. I predicted the iPhone XS Max, XR, and XS would get throttling software
> (based on battery similarities after the initial teardown ritual)

Did you? Who cares?

> As we've shown, with Apple, throttling kicks in after a short time of...
> o "about a year"...

No. You haven't SHOWN that.

Assertions are not proof.

Christian

Sep 25, 2019, 3:31:46 PM9/25/19
Arlen Holder <arlen...@arlinghlder.edu> wrote:

> Does iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR have CPU throttling software
> (after "about a year")?

Ich würde sagen: der Fragesteller ist der Trottel.

(use Google Translator to understand it).

Alan Browne

Sep 25, 2019, 8:18:10 PM9/25/19
Google Translator returned:
"Arlen Holder is still embarrassing himself."

Arlen Holder

Sep 25, 2019, 9:25:38 PM9/25/19
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 20:18:05 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

> "Arlen Holder is still embarrassing himself."

Hi Alan Browne,

I'm going to "try" to begin an "adult" conversation with you apologists.

Adults can do two things apologists can't seem to do for some reason:
1. Adults can comprehend basic facts
2. Adults form logical assessments based on that comprehension

FACT:
o iPhones from iPhone 7 to iPhone X get throttling software
o After "about a year"
o But not older iPhones, nor iPads, nor any other phone on the planet
o Just iPhones have this strange need to be (secretly) throttled.

You apologists love to deny facts - but they're still facts nonetheless
o Apple Admits That It's Slowing Down Older iPhones
<https://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-throttling-older-iphones,news-26278.html>
o Apple Will Keep Throttling iPhones (after "about a year")
<https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-stop-apple-throttling-iphones/>

ASSESSMENT:

It's Apple's philosophy, clearly, to put throttling software on iPhones
o After "about a year".

Given I follow what Apple "does" (and not what Apple "says")...
o I predict Apple will throttle the iPhone XS, XS Max, & XR very soon

Why?
o It has been "about a year".

I realize you apologists _hate_ facts.
o And I realize you apologists hate _assessment_ of those facts.

But the fact you hate facts doesn't change the fact that they're facts.
o The only adult thing you can do is disagree with the logical assessment

And yet, notice what the apologists actually "do" when faced with facts
o Apologists call all facts they don't like ... trolls.

Your traits are clear proof of why you're an apologist, after all.
o Let's just see if my assessment of fact turns out to be correct.

If you apologists are correct - then I'll admit my assessment was wrong
o Until then, I predict Apple will add throttling to these phones
o Because it has been "about a year" since they were released.

Time (and facts) will tell...

nospam

Sep 25, 2019, 9:31:41 PM9/25/19
In article <qmh42h$tal$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen...@arlinghlder.edu> wrote:

> I'm going to "try" to begin an "adult" conversation with you apologists.

and will quickly fail, since you are a child who is incapable of an
'adult' conversation.

rest of childish rant snipped.

Arlen Holder

Sep 25, 2019, 9:38:58 PM9/25/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 01:25:37 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

> o iPhones from iPhone 7 to iPhone X get throttling software

Correction (since I care about my 100% credibility)
o iPhones from iPhone 7 to iPhone X get throttling software
Should be:
o All iPhones from iPhone 6 to iPhone X have throttling software

The prediction is what matters, since it's based on facts:
o I predict Apple will throttle the super expensive iPhones too

Why?
o Because it has been 'about a year' since they were released
o And Apple's long term habit is to slow down older phones on purpose

Remember, what Apple "says" versus what Apple "does" are different things
o Apple claims, essentially, all phones need to be (secretly) throttled
o Which is nothing but a bold lie that only an Apologist could believe

The fact is:
"The problem is that this happens too early with the iPhone."
<https://seekingalpha.com/article/4133931-apple-wanted-know-iphone-throttling-scandal>

Why?
o Because Apple essentially lies to everyone about throttling software
o Apple blames batteries for what is, clearly, an obvious design flaw
o Apple iPhone performance doesn't last more than "about a year".

o iPhone X gets speed throttling, months after Apple said it probably doesn't need it
o iPhone X, released November 3, 2017, now has Apple's CPU-throttling feature.
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/>

Notice that this is planned, despite Apple's lies to Congress:
"Apple told US senators in February the iPhone 8 and iPhone X had
"hardware updates" that meant CPU throttling isn't _as_ necessary. "
(ANALOGY: They didn't inhale.)

The fact is:
o iOS 10.2.1 introduced (secret) throttling for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6s
o iOS 11.2.0 added mandatory permanent massive throttling for the iPhone 7
o iOS 12.1 is where the iPhone X throttling was added "after about a year"
The prediction is:
o Throttling will come to the iPhone XS, Max, & XR after "about a year".

--
Hint: Apple positions mandatory slowing of older iPhones, as a "feature"...
:)

nospam

Sep 25, 2019, 9:48:30 PM9/25/19
In article <qmh4rh$vck$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen...@arlinghlder.edu> wrote:

> o I predict Apple will throttle the super expensive iPhones too

if only someone would throttle your news client

badgolferman

Sep 25, 2019, 10:36:11 PM9/25/19
>"hardware updates" that meant CPU throttling isn't as necessary. "
>(ANALOGY: They didn't inhale.)
>
>The fact is:
>o iOS 10.2.1 introduced (secret) throttling for the iPhone 6 & iPhone
>6s o iOS 11.2.0 added mandatory permanent massive throttling for the
>iPhone 7 o iOS 12.1 is where the iPhone X throttling was added "after
>about a year" The prediction is:
>o Throttling will come to the iPhone XS, Max, & XR after "about a
>year".

I have an iPhone 7. Peak Performance Capability is normal. The
battery maximum capacity is 100%. Doesn't look like anything is
throttled.

It helps that I had the battery replaced six months or so ago.
Considering the phone was free I think it's been a good value so far.

Arlen Holder

Sep 26, 2019, 1:02:05 AM9/26/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 02:36:11 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> I have an iPhone 7. Peak Performance Capability is normal. The
> battery maximum capacity is 100%. Doesn't look like anything is
> throttled.
>
> It helps that I had the battery replaced six months or so ago.
> Considering the phone was free I think it's been a good value so far.

Hi badgolferman,

I didn't respond to nospam because he proved that the only response the
apologists have to fact or adult discussion - is for the apologist to
always prove they own the brain of a small child.

I realize you're not an apologist, so I believe I can speak common sense
with you that "about a year" means about a year "on a battery", where, with
the apologists, they endlessly play silly semantic games with the wording.

The facts are what matter, at least to adults:
1. Apple installs "throttling software" after "about a year" for iPhones
2. Apple actually throttles the phones, after "about a year" of battery use

That's not a hard and fast rule, in so much that even Apple will claim:
o "throttling software isn't _as_ necessary" on the newer iPhone variants

But the MAIN ADULT TAKEAWAY from this thread is the PREDICTION that
o Apple will add throttling software for the iPhone XR, Max, & XS (soon).

Bearing in mind most (if not all) my predictions have come to fruition,
o My credibility on comprehension of facts, you have to admit, is 100%

For example, just look at the idiocy apologists spewed about Qualcomm
o Apple literally gave away their shirt, to settle with them
o Where the apologists insisted that Apple "wasn't worried".

Another example is the fact that iOS is an untested scheduled release
o Where MANY FACTS prove Apple cares far more about schedule
o Than about quality, security, or privacy
HINT: Google proved iOS was untested for YEARS, which Apple couldn't deny.
WORSE: I've been proving that for years - with simple facts.
Which only the apologists attempt to brazenly deny.

Simply mark my words that I can COMPREHEND the facts
o Such as the fact Tim Cook said that he was going to try to "hide" the
price of the iPhone from the customers ...
And then I can predict the future based on the prior actions of Apple.

Mark my words:
o I predict Apple will add throttling software to the iPhone XS, Max, & XR

Soon.

Arlen Holder

Sep 26, 2019, 2:19:09 PM9/26/19
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:35:57 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

> I broke the news to this newsgroup about (secret) CPU throttling.

And, I broke the news, about iOS 13->13.1 PD throttling, just moments ago!
o iPhone 11 Pro Max Charging Test report by Charger Lab on iOS 13.0 versus iOS 13.1 (throttling surprise!)
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GUqM0QV1vhM>

This time around the test was conducted on iPhone 11 series running iOS
13.1. The output power dropped to 6-7w during the test while the power
received at the phone┬ end dropped drastically to 5W. In other words, the
wireless charging speed dropped by nearly 70% on iOS 13.1 as opposed to iOS
13.

Furthermore, the wireless charging tests also revealed that multiple
wireless charging pads which earlier supported 7.5W could now charge the
iPhone 11 at 5W. However, charging speed didn┤ drop in wireless pads like
Belkin, Anker, Native Union, Logitech. It is worth noting that all the
wireless charging pads are available on Apple Store.

Alan Baker

Sep 26, 2019, 2:27:06 PM9/26/19
On 2019-09-26 11:19 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:35:57 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:
>
>> I broke the news to this newsgroup about (secret) CPU throttling.
>
> And, I broke the news, about iOS 13->13.1 PD throttling, just moments ago!
> o iPhone 11 Pro Max Charging Test report by Charger Lab on iOS 13.0 versus iOS 13.1 (throttling surprise!)
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GUqM0QV1vhM>
>
> This time around the test was conducted on iPhone 11 series running iOS
> 13.1. The output power dropped to 6-7w during the test while the power
> received at the phone¢s end dropped drastically to 5W. In other words, the
> wireless charging speed dropped by nearly 70% on iOS 13.1 as opposed to iOS
> 13.
>
> Furthermore, the wireless charging tests also revealed that multiple
> wireless charging pads which earlier supported 7.5W could now charge the
> iPhone 11 at 5W. However, charging speed didn¢t drop in wireless pads like
> Belkin, Anker, Native Union, Logitech. It is worth noting that all the
> wireless charging pads are available on Apple Store.

That text is not in the link you post.

Nor does it appear on the page at the link you provide in that post.

And nothing said by ChargerLab supports your assertion.

Arlen Holder

Sep 27, 2019, 3:16:08 AM9/27/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 20:45:34 +0100, Anthony R. Gold wrote:

> Is this an amateur dramatic performance seeking the admiration of some
> audience? Because if not, maybe you two could take this to email.

FACTS:

I realize apologists don't like facts, but facts are still facts.
o Reports show Apple hugely throttled PD charging between iOS 13.0 & 13.1

"wireless charging speed dropped by nearly 70% on iOS 13.1
as opposed to iOS13."

o iOS 13.1 Cuts Fast Charging Support to Multiple Wireless Chargers
<https://www.chargerlab.com/ios-13-1-cuts-fast-charging-support-to-multiple-wireless-chargers/>

Arlen Holder

Sep 27, 2019, 5:50:33 PM9/27/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 01:59:50 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

>> The facts are what matter, at least to adults:
>> 1. Apple installs "throttling software" after "about a year" for iPhones
>
> That is false.

Hi Alan Baker,

As usual, apologists provide literally ZERO cites for their beliefs,
o While (yes, I waste my time), I, as an adult, provide actual facts.

What adults say & do, is different from what apologists say & do.
o Adults say logical things when confronted with facts.
o Adults do logical things when people question those facts.

Apologist neither comprehend fact, & apologists brazenly deny facts
o Without ever bothering to even _look_ up the facts in the first place
o Brazenly denying facts, out of hand, sans a shred of reliable evidence.

Which is EXACTLY what you just did, Alan Baker.

FACTS:
o Gizmodo: Apple Just Can't Stop Throttling iPhones
<https://gizmodo.com/apple-just-cant-stop-throttling-iphones-1830124291>
"The tricky thing is that Apple never stopped throttling the
processors ...It just got caught doing it, and then issued an update to iOS
that gave people access to more information ... Apple also responded to
Senator Thune detailing these software updates and claiming that 'iPhone 8,
iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X models include hardware updates that allow a
more advanced performance management system that more precisely allows iOS
to anticipate and avoid an unexpected shutdown.' Apple didnˇt explicitly
say that newer devices wouldn't get throttled."

"Perhaps as a result, the processor-throttling detail is sort of buried
in the release notes for iOS 12.1. Near the bottom of a long list and under
the header "Other improvements and fixes," the document reads:
Adds a performance management feature to prevent the device
from unexpectedly shutting down, including the option to
disable this feature if an unexpected shutdown occurs,
for iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus."

>> 2. Apple actually throttles the phones, after "about a year" of battery use
>
> As is this.

Alan Browne,

An adult does two things you apologists don't seem to do all that much
o Adults comprehend basic facts
o Adults don't brazenly deny basic facts (that are easily proven)

Apologist do both:
a. Apologists don't seem to comprehend even the most basic of facts
b. Worse, apologists brazenly deny facts even those Apple admitted

o Apple Faces Yet Another Class Action Lawsuit Over 'Secretly Throttling'
Older iPhones
<https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/01/iphone-throttling-lawsuit/>
"Apple introduced the performance management system in iOS 10.2.1, but it
did not initially mention the change in the update's release notes.
Likewise, in a statement issued a month later, Apple still only mentioned
vague "improvements" resulting in a significant reduction in unexpected
iPhone shutdowns."

"Apple only revealed exactly what the so-called "improvements" were after
Primate Labs founder John Poole visualized that some iPhone 6s and iPhone 7
devices suddenly had lower benchmark scores starting with iOS 10.2.1 and
iOS 11.2 respectively, despite operating at maximum performance on previous
versions."

>> That's not a hard and fast rule, in so much that even Apple will claim:
>> o "throttling software isn't _as_ necessary" on the newer iPhone variants
>>
>> But the MAIN ADULT TAKEAWAY from this thread is the PREDICTION that
>> o Apple will add throttling software for the iPhone XR, Max, & XS (soon).
>
> Nope. Batteries will age and if they run down too low, the software that
> is already installed will throttle the CPU.

This is another place you apologists are not like normal adults.
o You BELIEVE the utter bullshit that Apple marketing cleverly spews

FACTS:

Only Apple iPhones, not iPads, (and only iPhones after the 6!) seem to
require secret, permanent, and utterly drastic CPU degradation software
(don't forget it's often HALF THE CPU speed for Christ' sake).

FACT:
You apologists blame anyone but Apple for the fact that Apple secretly
introduces permanent and utterly drastic CPU throttling, without telling
ANYONE, and essentially lying to Congress after they got caught, and lying
to everyone about telling them (where they changed the release notes AFTER
THE FACT for heaven's sake).

FACT:
It's a basic trait of you apologists to blame everything & everyone but
Apple for Apple's marketing decisions, where all the iPhones after the
iPhone 6 (including the latest iPhone 11 for Christ sake!) series, has some
sort of throttling that REDUCES performance (via an iOS update AFTER the
initial release).

>> Bearing in mind most (if not all) my predictions have come to fruition,
>> o My credibility on comprehension of facts, you have to admit, is 100%
>
> Nope. He doesn't. Because it isn't.

Hehhehheh... look at this TheVerge article I just found for nospam:
o The iPhone XS and XR will get processor throttling feature with iOS 13.1
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/20/20875708/apple-processor-throttling-iphone-xs-xr-ios-13-1>

Since I'm an adult, with adult cognitive skills, I'll _wait_ to see
reliable reports backing up what TheVerge said - but - it's proof yet again
that reasonable adults can easily find cites that back up their view.

Apologists tend to only find Apple marketing that backs up their view.
o Which is kind of funny when you think about it that way

>> For example, just look at the idiocy apologists spewed about Qualcomm
>> o Apple literally gave away their shirt, to settle with them
>
> No, they did not.

Hi Alan Baker,

You're an apologist, and you are one of whom I was talking about.

So for you to brazenly deny what you did, is pretty much the canonical act
of an apologist.
o Apple may have paid something like two and a half to three and a half
billion USD to Qualcomm (which is going to be paid by the poor Apple
consumer)
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/wuNSobnMdCU>

But you're not the only apologist who brazenly denies similar facts
o Qualcomm seeks $31 million from Apple ($1.41 per iPhone with Intel radio
chips) for 3 patent infringements in half the iPhones sold
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/-u600QXp0Js>

>> o Where the apologists insisted that Apple "wasn't worried".
>>
>> Another example is the fact that iOS is an untested scheduled release
>
> Also false.

Alan Baker,

Yet, again, you apologists consistently prove out two maxims:
1. You can't comprehend even the most basic of simple facts
2. You brazenly deny them anyway - sans a single reference cite

Here's where adults ASSESS facts, Alan Baker
o The assessment of facts clearly shows iOS is not sufficiently tested

FACTS:
o Google exposed that Apple advertises the mere illusion of iOS security.

o Apple does not test iOS sufficiently for security holes.
"The root causes [in numerous Apple iOS security holes] are not novel
... we see cases of [iOS] code which seems to have never worked, [iOS] code
that likely skipped QA or likely had little testing or review before [iOS
was] shipped to users."
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>

"TAG was able to collect five separate, complete and unique iPhone
exploit chains, covering almost every version from iOS 10 through to the
latest version of iOS 12."
<https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-very-deep-dive-into-ios-exploit.html>

Apple does not (& can not) dispute ANY of the facts of the vulnerabilities!
o Nor that Google proved Apple does not test iOS diarrhea sufficiently!

"Also missing from Apple's statement is any response to the blistering
criticism the Project Zero report made of Apple development process,
which the report alleges missed vulnerabilities that in many cases should
have been easy to catch with standard quality-assurance processes."
<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/apple-takes-flak-for-disputing-ios-security-bombshell-dropped-by-google/>

There are SO MANY FACTS LIKE THIS, Alan, which adults can assess:
o Google Project Zero reveals six ¨interactionless〃 bugs that can affect
iOS via Appleˇs iMessage
<https://hub.packtpub.com/google-project-zero-reveals-six-interactionless-bugs-that-can-affect-ios-via-apples-imessage/>

Facts, that iOS us insufficiently tested which even Apple did NOT dispute
o Apple simply didn't like the "way" Google said their facts.

o Apple accuses Google of 'stoking fear' over iPhone security issues
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/6/20853115/apple-google-iphone-security-flaw-uighur-community-fud>

Adults can easily find reliable sites agreeing with their viewpoint
o The stakes are too high for Apple to spin the iPhone exploits
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/6/20853393/apple-iphone-ios-exploits-statement-security-google-false-impressions>

Yet, apologists, can only find APPLE MARKETING agreeing with them!
o Cleverly calling all 14 exploits a single memory corruption issue
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209520>

While adults can find plenty of cites that back up their assessment
o Apple statement alienates the security community when the company needs
it most.
<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/apple-takes-flak-for-disputing-ios-security-bombshell-dropped-by-google/>

>> o Where MANY FACTS prove Apple cares far more about schedule
>> o Than about quality, security, or privacy
>
> Assertions: not facts.

Alan Baker,
You can deny the fact that iOS is insufficiently untested.
o Yet, the facts PROVE that, beyond any doubts from adults

The only people who AGREE with you, Alan Baker, are
o Apologists
o Apple Marketing

Nobody else agrees with your assertion, Alan Baker.
o Nobody.

Yet we all agree that Apple ships iOS on schedule.
o Even when it contained Broadcom bugs so huge Apple had to DESTROY the
release only ten days after millions of people installed it.

Those are facts, Alan Baker.
o Apple had the fix in hand
o And yet, they STILL shipped the release, on schedule
o Begging people to upgrade to the fixes only 10 days later
o And DESTGROYING th release so that it no longer existed.

You can dispute those facts until the cows come home, Alan Baker
o But the fact apologists hate facts doesn't change the fact they're facts.

>> HINT: Google proved iOS was untested for YEARS, which Apple couldn't deny.
>
> Nope. Google didn't prove anything of the kind.

Jesus Christ, you apologists are like children.

FACTS:
"Also missing from Apple's statement is any response to the blistering
criticism the Project Zero report made of Apple's development process,
which the report alleges missed vulnerabilities that in many cases should
have been easy to catch with standard quality-assurance processes."
<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/apple-takes-flak-for-disputing-ios-security-bombshell-dropped-by-google/>

>> WORSE: I've been proving that for years - with simple facts.
>> Which only the apologists attempt to brazenly deny.
>>
>> Simply mark my words that I can COMPREHEND the facts
>> o Such as the fact Tim Cook said that he was going to try to "hide" the
>> price of the iPhone from the customers ...
>
> Quote and cite please.

I love that the apologists brazenly dispute facts that are well known!
o Apologists brazenly dispute any fact they simply don't like.

But the fact apologists hate facts doesn't change the fact they're facts!

o *Anyone can hack into MacOS High Sierra simply by typing "root"!*
<https://www.wired.com/story/macos-high-sierra-hack-root/>

o *Making sense of the many Apple security flaws*
<https://www.wired.com/story/apples-security-macos-high-sierra-ios-11/>

o *An astounding list of security vulnerabilities found in Apple software*
<https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/blog/2017/5/15/the-may-2017-apple-security-update-review>

o *Apple Was Slow to Act on FaceTime Bug That Allows Spying on iPhones*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/technology/facetime-glitch-apple.html>

*o New Mac Malware steals iPhone text messages from iTunes backups*
<https://www.hackread.com/mac-malware-steals-iphone-text-messages-from-itunes-backups/>

o *Easter Attack Affects Half a Billion Apple iOS Users via Chrome Bug*
<https://threatpost.com/easter-attack-apple-ios/143901/>
etc.

>> And then I can predict the future based on the prior actions of Apple.
>>
>> Mark my words:
>> o I predict Apple will add throttling software to the iPhone XS, Max, & XR
>
> And you're already wrong.

Hehhehheh...

What I love is how apologigist call everything they don't like, "wrong"...

And yet, adults easily find these supporting cites Apologists can't find!

o iOS 13.1 Cuts Fast Charging Support to Multiple Wireless Chargers
<https://www.chargerlab.com/ios-13-1-cuts-fast-charging-support-to-multiple-wireless-chargers/>

o The iPhone XS and XR will get processor throttling feature with iOS 13.1
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/20/20875708/apple-processor-throttling-iphone-xs-xr-ios-13-1>

--
What's amazing is that apologists are wholly unlike normal adults.
o What are the common well-verified psychological traits of the Apple

Arlen Holder

Sep 28, 2019, 1:51:05 PM9/28/19
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:27:05 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

> That text is not in the link you post.
>
> Nor does it appear on the page at the link you provide in that post.
>
> And nothing said by ChargerLab supports your assertion.

Hi Alan Baker,

I love that you apologists prove to be utterly immune to facts.

Since the information was _clearly_ in the cite, either
a. You didn't read the cite before claiming the facts weren't there
b. Or, wore, you read the cite, yet couldn't comprehend the facts there

FACTS.

Verbatim quotes from that cite on the secret iOS 13.1 PD throttling....

"Our analysis is that, in iOS 13.1, Apple only enables 7.5W charging for
solutions using fixed-frequency voltage regulation ... products with all
the other solutions will be limited to 5W charging only."

o iOS 13.1 Cuts Fast Charging Support to Multiple Wireless Chargers
<https://www.chargerlab.com/ios-13-1-cuts-fast-charging-support-to-multiple-wireless-chargers/>

FACTS.
"But just when we were happy about the result of Apple iPhone 11┬
strong wireless charging performance, Apple brought us surprise later on.
On the evening of September 24th, Apple rolled out iOS 13.1. So we updated
the system of all our iPhone 11 and 11 Pros to being our next round of
wireless charging test. The results were as follows:"
<https://www.chargerlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/iOS13.1_speed.jpg>

"As we can see, in iOS 13.1, the output power of the wireless charger
only pulled 6-7W during our test. The power received at the phone end
reached only about 5W, which is very different from our previous test."
<https://www.chargerlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/iPhone-11-wireless-charging-speed-iOS.jpg>

FACTS.
"So after updating from iOS 13.0 to iOS 13.1, using the same wireless
charger to charge iPhone 11, the charging speed with iOS 13.1 dropped to
about 70% of the speed with iOS 13.0."

FACTS

--
Apple Appologists prove to be amazingly immune to the simplest facts.

Alan Baker

Oct 6, 2019, 2:57:08 PM10/6/19
On 2019-09-28 10:51 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:27:05 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> That text is not in the link you post.
>>
>> Nor does it appear on the page at the link you provide in that post.
>>
>> And nothing said by ChargerLab supports your assertion.
>
> Hi Alan Baker,
>
> I love that you apologists prove to be utterly immune to facts.
>
> Since the information was _clearly_ in the cite, either
> a. You didn't read the cite before claiming the facts weren't there
> b. Or, wore, you read the cite, yet couldn't comprehend the facts there
>
> FACTS.
>
> Verbatim quotes from that cite on the secret iOS 13.1 PD throttling....
>
> "Our analysis is that, in iOS 13.1, Apple only enables 7.5W charging for
> solutions using fixed-frequency voltage regulation ... products with all
> the other solutions will be limited to 5W charging only."
>
> o iOS 13.1 Cuts Fast Charging Support to Multiple Wireless Chargers
> <https://www.chargerlab.com/ios-13-1-cuts-fast-charging-support-to-multiple-wireless-chargers/>
>
> FACTS.
> "But just when we were happy about the result of Apple iPhone 11¢s
> strong wireless charging performance, Apple brought us surprise later on.
> On the evening of September 24th, Apple rolled out iOS 13.1. So we updated
> the system of all our iPhone 11 and 11 Pros to being our next round of
> wireless charging test. The results were as follows:"
> <https://www.chargerlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/iOS13.1_speed.jpg>
>
> "As we can see, in iOS 13.1, the output power of the wireless charger
> only pulled 6-7W during our test. The power received at the phone end
> reached only about 5W, which is very different from our previous test."
> <https://www.chargerlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/iPhone-11-wireless-charging-speed-iOS.jpg>
>
> FACTS.
> "So after updating from iOS 13.0 to iOS 13.1, using the same wireless
> charger to charge iPhone 11, the charging speed with iOS 13.1 dropped to
> about 70% of the speed with iOS 13.0."
>
> FACTS

Some of what you write there is indeed factual.

But read the subject of this thread:

'Does iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, & iPhone XR have CPU throttling software
(after "about a year")?'

'CPU throttling'...

...nothing to do with wireless charging, "Arlen".